Wednesday, August 19, 2009

the one year plan

well here it is folks...the official one year plan...or oyp for short...

before i get into the details let me explain where the oyp originates from...as i said in an old post or two new guy is moving to hawaii for the school year...so that means i have 1 year to prepare for when he comes back next summer...(i know technically this is a one school year plan but thats just too much of a mouth full...so thats why im sticking with the nice and easy oyp)...

there are also a few disclaimers...1)while new guy is my inspiration, i am still doing these things for myself...2) this is not set in stone...plans can change...=)

so onto the oyp...

1) USE MY GYM MEMBERSHIP...i know i say this one all the time...but maybe if i keep saying it i will start to listen to myself...i really think this is a key component to the plan...maybe if i was just a little tea cup instead of the whole pot, i would have more confidence in myself when it comes to boys...the problem is that i think that guys wont even give me a chance...and this may not be true but its what i believe to be true...so to avoid the rejection i think will be there for me i dont even try...im sure its all about the confidence and right now i have none...(wow sorry about all the whining...i wanted to make this a fun silly entry but i had a rough day today and i guess its being reflected in how im feeling about myself right now...ugh...lets try to turn this ship around shall we...)

2) LEARN HOW TO DRIVE A STICK SHIFT...this is something i have always wanted to do...if i want to go on the amazing race it is a very important skill to have...the reason this lands a spot in the plan is i was actually talking to new guy last weekend and he said he like girls that can do guy things like crab or fish or drive a stick shift...i already know how to crab (put bait in cage...throw in water...walk away...come back in a few hours...pull cage out of water and youre done...lol...)...i really have zero desire to learn how to fish...so driving is whats left...and i can totally learn how...if my mom can do it then anyone can...haha...

3) WORK ON MY SOCIAL AWKWARDNESS...yeah so the goal here is to feel less like an upside down cow (level 5) in social situations...if i can bring my awkward level down to turtle or flag pole (level 1 or 2) then i'll be happy...this need to be on the list because it took me 3 encounters with new guy before i said something more than just hi...and even then i still didnt say much...leaving my box that i live in is easier said than done...

4) this last one is completely out of my hands...HOPE NEW GUY DOESNT GET BACK TOGETHER WITH THE EX-GIRLFRIEND...i did get confirmation on the break up but shes still moving with him...so you never know what could happen...i see one of two things happening...he'll realize how much he loves her and they will eventually get married...or he'll realize that he really cant stand her and never talk to her again...obviously im hoping for the second one to happen...haha...aww poor girl...oh well...haha...(i just want to be clear that if he does end up completely in love with this girl that would be the end of the line for me...i do not pursue unavailable guys)...

i think thats about it...its a pretty lame plan but its my lame plan and i like it!... the ultimate goal is for him to be my date to my friend's wedding next summer (that is if im invited with a guest...i may not be you never know...after all my own sister isnt planning on inviting me with a guest to her wedding why should i expect a friend to???)...and of course for new guy to become my bofo instead of just my fobo...haha!!!...

well until next time kids...happy blogging!!!

No comments: