Thursday, March 21, 2013

NYE Adventure (Part 2)


Oh my god! Im back again!!...haha!...i thought that opening was appropriate considering all the backstreet fun times im gonna talk about today!!!...eek!!...those boys always make me soo excited!!! =)
On Sunday morning we weren’t in too much of a rush because we didn’t have to be down to Atlantic City until about 4...so we did what we do best...we put on bsb videos...around the world was the first...haha!!!...over 12 years later and I still cant get over that crowd in brazil…it was INSANE!!...if you don’t know what im talking about you can probably look in up on youtube…im sure its there…

Next up was a viewing of big time summer tour!!...ive done a pretty good job at converting my backstreet girls into cougar rushers…such a good job that they invented the hashtag #BlameAsh anytime we do something crazy that’s big time rush related…haha!...so Kentucky girl is pretty much the last hold out…so we def tried our best all weekend to bring her over to the dark side…I mean…what dark side?!...haha!!...after seeing the concert on dvd I think we convinced her to go to a btr show this summer…yay!! ((AND a few weeks later she decided to start watching the show…I think shes almost done with season 2…and shes picked a fav…so we are getting there…it wont be long now before shes at cougar rusher status with the rest of us!!...haha!!))

After we watched the concert we all got ready and made sure to coordinate our outfits…then we hopped in the car and journeyed down to Atlantic City…when we got there we found the house of blues and got on line for vip…we saw little one…she was way in the front of the line with all of her friends…it looked like she was having fun...the four of us found the cruiser and got in the back of the line…and then there was a lot of waiting…show of hands…who’s surprised?!...no one…yeah, that’s what I thought!!...haha!!

We were finally let in to the soundcheck party…of course there was some more waiting…laura saw howie’s son james standing on the side so she said “guys james is here”…I was like “WHERE?!”…I thought she meant maslow…I was excited because hello, james maslow at a bsb concert? Who wouldn’t be excited?!...It would be like my two worlds colliding!!...haha!!…but then I looked over and saw little james…I felt dumb for my overreaction and a little disappointed that it wasnt maslow…I had to laugh at myself…haha!...but howie’s son (slash my birthday buddy) is so freaking adorable so its even better that it was him the cruiser was talking about =)

the boys finally came out on stage and they were looking good!...it was so exciting seeing them in person again…love it!!...they ended up singing 4 songs at soundcheck which is HUGE for them…they sang panic, pda, Siberia and more than that…so not only did we get 4 songs we got 2 super rare songs and 2 semi rare songs… they usually only do 2…sometimes 3 if youre lucky…they did four because they totally messed up pda (they needed to look up the words on google…haha!) so they felt bad…

It was question time next…I hate to compare bsb and btr but I cant help it…the question portion is one that they do so differently…bsb only answers 4 questions (1 each)…but if you are one of the lucky 4 you are handed a microphone so you can introduce yourself and pretty much say whatever you want…you really have their full attention…and then they usually take their time with the answer…with btr they answer tons of questions…but there is no mic involved…they kinda just point to you and you have to yell out your question…so you can really just ask your question and that’s it…honestly I cant decide which I like more…I wish I could merge the two options together…keep the mic and answer more questions…haha!!...for this particular q&a the best moment was when howie was answering his question…he was asked to describe what its like to be a backstreet boy in 10 words…he said he couldn’t do it and just started talking about it…then all of a sudden nick was like “youre STILL talking?!”…it was soo funny…oh and for nicks question he said that his mom called him a cream puff and thats why he didnt play football…aj talked about his wife and ava…and then brian blamed howie for their loss to the new kids at the mixtape softball game…

Then before we knew it, it was picture time…we were like the second group to go…josh was there to give his little speech about no hugs and stuff ((that’s something that btr def does better…hugs are always allowed…but I feel like I get slightly more time with bsb so it evens out)) I was first in our group to approach the boys…I love that they always look me directly in the eye when I shake their hands and say hello…when I got to howie I told him that I cried a little bit at mixtape when I thought that would be the last time he would ever get to sing kevs parts…he said aww that’s very nice of you to say…im so happy I actually had the courage to say that to him…wow!

After we got our picture taken we met up with video girl and went to get something to eat…just the normal chit chat going on…sharing stories and pictures and commentary and gossip…ya know, girl talk!...haha!!... Before we knew it, it was time to head back to the venue for the concert… on our way back to the venue we stopped at the bathroom…when we were in there I ran into one of my closest friends from high school…it was so good seeing her again…we haven’t hung out since we went to see nkotbsb together in june 2011…its been way too long!!...i was able to catch up with her for a little bit which was great!!...

So onto the concert…it was so so so good!!!...but really, did you expect me to say anything less??...haha!!...they opened with the version of incomplete from the cruise that I love…and they each did a solo…brian sang gone without goodbye and dedicated it to the kids in ct…I don’t think there was a dry eye in the house…the rest of the concert was high energy and the crowd was amazing…we were up on the balcony and there were some points that I thought the whole thing was going to collapse…it was kinda scary…but is it terrible that I thought “well, at least im gonna die at a backstreet boys concert”…haha!!...i just had so much fun…there is nothing better than being at a bsb concert…I was so excited that I was gonna get to go again the next night…

After the concert I drove back home with little sis and the Canadian…the other girls decided to stay and go to the after party…they got pics with howie…soo jealous!...i would have stayed but unfortunately I had to go to work Monday morning and it was already super late…ugh!...little sis fell asleep pretty quickly per usual…haha!...but the ride went quick because the Canadian and I chatted the whole way home…as soon as we got back home I took a quick shower…set the alarm…and went to sleep…I hated that I had to go to work in the morning…ugh!!...i mean I never want to go to work but it was worse because I was only gonna have less than 4 hours of sleep and my friends were all at my house…I didn’t want to leave them!!...boo!!

Well I think here is a good place to stop for now…ill be back soon with all the events of new year’s eve!!...it was an amazing one and I cant wait to tell you all the details!!...yay!!...oh and if you havent read part 1 yet make sure you check it out HERE!!!

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

I better be careful or my BSB blog will turn into a general Boy Band blog now that you have me watching BTR.

And I still cry to this day when I hear "Gone Without Goodbye."

Laura D said...

OOooh love the entries!!! It actually is a lot of fun reading it a few months after the fact so I can relive all those fun little moments I forgot about like the 'James' moment or the balcony almost collapsing. I seriously though i was a goner during IWITW!! hahah


Cant wait for part 3!!!