Tuesday, March 19, 2013

NYE Adventure (Part 1)


I know that we are almost a whole quarter into 2013 but I still want to share with you my new year’s eve adventures with you!...better late than never!!...

I usually don’t make a big deal out of nye…most of the time I don’t make any plans and just pray that little one didn’t make plans either so I would have someone to hang out with…but this year was different…this year my backstreet boys announced that they would be having a concert that night in Bethlehem PA…ring in the new year with bsb?!...yes please!!...but it gets better…a lot of my friends who live all over the place also decided to go…so a one night concert turned into an entire weekend of fun times with my girls…oh AND a second concert the night before!!...a lot happened so I may turn this into a couple of entries…actually I will def turn it into a few entries…so, lets start at the beginning!!!

It all started on Friday December 28th…with the arrival of Kentucky girl from the Chicago area and the canadian from west coast Canada…(side note: I think its time my backstreet girls got cool blog names…so check out the updated cast of characters page!!)… we found out that the candian was stuck in Toronto…she didn’t know when her flight was gonna come in…Kentucky girl was originally gonna wait at the airport until she came in but since we didn’t know when that would actually be I contacted her to let her know we would come pick her up…so little sis and I hopped in the car and headed to the airport…it was so good seeing Kentucky girl again!!...the last time I saw her was back in june when we went to dc for the weekend…its been way too long and as soon as she got in the car we started chit chatting away…we made a couple of pit stops on the way back to my house and laughed the whole time!!...

i don’t remember what time it was when the canadian’s flight finally came in but when we got word that she was on the move we all hopped in the cadi again and headed back to the airport…I have to make a point of saying that she was wearing flipflops when we picked her up!…it was cold for here…I had on uggs!...but she was probably thinking it was a warm spring day!!...haha!...and all I could think about was that episode of boy meets world with the Eskimo sitting on the billboard singing “I am warm and you are cold!”…haha!!!...oh how i wish I had a gif of that!!...anyway…sorry for that tangent!...haha!!

After we all kinda settled in at my house we decided to exchange the collages we made for each other because there wasn’t going to be a time that we were all together …so I gave to Kentucky girl…Kentucky girl gave to little sis…little sis gave to the canadian…and the canadian officially made one for the cruiser but she also made one for me and little sis as a thank you gift for letting her stay at our house…it seemed like everyone was happy with what they got…and we all approached it in such different ways but they were all equally awesome!!…the calendar Kentucky girl made for little sis is AMAZING!!...and I absolutely love the collage the canadian made for me…lots and lots of great pics of kendall!!...we all know how I love me some kendizzle!!... ((video girl was assigned to me…we went out to dinner a few weeks later and she gave me the collages she made for me then…yeah that’s right she made me 2!!...one with handsome pictures and one with shirtless pictures…both ridiculously hott!!...she included pretty much ALL of my husbands…I mean favorites!!...haha!! LOVE!!!))
The only one im missing here is the one the cruiser made for video girl...
im sure i have a pic of it somewhere i just cant find it
 We ended up staying up way too late…but that’s always the case when im with these girls…the Canadian and I spent at least an hour analyzing the vip pictures on my wall…I mean we covered everything about them from what everyone is wearing to how they are smiling to how they are standing…we really examined every little detail!...it was fun!...haha!!


The next day we had all kinds of activities planned…it ended up snowing/raining but we didn’t let ruin our fun…early in the afternoon we got ourselves ready and got on a train into the city…it was tihe canadian’s first train ride ever!!...how exciting…haha!!...we got off the train at penn station and headed over to 6th ave to get on the F to go up to Rockefeller center…you cant go into the city and not experience riding the subway…haha!...when we were walking over there the canadian was like “is it always like this?”…it wasn’t super crowded at that point so I said yeah…I don’t think she was a fan!...haha!... once we were at Rockefeller center we saw the tree…it wasnt as awesome as it could have been thanks to the rain…oh well… 

Next we walked to the wax museum…we made a quick pit stop at mcdonalds then got in line to meet all the wax celebs!!...the four of us had so so so much fun there…we took a ton of pictures…we schmoozed with denzel and taylor lautner…danced with tina turner and Elton john…sang with the jobros and Jessica simpson…hung out with the beatles and my birthday buddy george…made an appearance on regis and Kelly…and beat up stupid justin timberlake not once but twice…oh and I cried when I won the gold medal…haha!...it was all fabulous!!!
 Next on the agenda we met video girl for dinner and then the 5 of us headed over to see the fantasticks…it took us FOREVER to get from 42nd street to 50th street…I am never ever walking through times square during the holiday time again…it was waaay too crowded and a complete nightmare!!...i felt like I was being herded…I hate feeling like im being herded!!...it was just awful!!...

Anyway…the fantasticks…that play really is so funny…I laughed the whole time…I was almost to the point of tears I was laughing so hard…the actors kept looking at us during the show and laughing too…haha!!!...when the show was over we waited for mr aaron carter to come out so we could meet him and get pictures and all that good stuff…while we were waiting every single cast member who passed by us said thank you for being such a great audience!!...that was pretty cool…aaron eventually made his way over to us…he was just as nice as always…we all got pictures with him…little sis was last and thought he wasn’t going to take a pic with her…but then without any notice he picked her up for the picture…she was in shock…and im pretty sure she screamed when it happened…haha!...that pic came out super cute ((just like the other 15 thousand she has with him!...haha!!))
 After the play we made our way back to the train station…said our goodbyes to video girl and then got on the train back to jerz…it was a really fun day…I was exhausted…when we got back to my house we told my mom all about out adventures for the day…she likes to hear all the details…its so funny how into our stories she gets!!

I think here is a good place to pause the story…theres lots of backstreet adventures coming up so stay tuned for those!!...ill be back soon…I promise!!...

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Fun times! I actually like it when one of us waits so long to review our adventures so that we can relive it months later!

Kristen said...

An hour?! Ash, we were awake till like 4am that first night!! Haha Damn those pictures...