Monday, November 19, 2012

Big changes


Hey loyal blog readers...sorry ive been missing for a  little bit...but big things have been happening in my life...and im finally ready to share them with you...

Back in july i celebrated 5 years with my company...things were getting stressful there because we were understaffed...but i was happy to have a job...the day after my anniversary i was called into the big boss' office and was told due to location strategy my position is being terminated...i tried really hard to keep my composure but im not gonna lie, i cried...i cried a lot...i was completely devastated...how could i be losing my job?!...on the plus side my manager said i am going to get 90 days notice and the 90 days wouldnt start until august...

August came...my 90 days started...and they were going by really fast...i was given a you gotta get out by date of november 14...i was having a tough time wrapping my head around the fact that i had to leave...it was hard because i had to go to work everyday and train the people who were taking my job from me...in order to do this i had to pretend that everything was okay...but it wasnt okay...i was only hurting myself...

I was given head hunter contacts that i didnt use...i went to an internal mobility career fair and barely spoke to anyone...i didnt do much searching for a new position internally or externally...it was bad...i eventually started to panic a little bit...i was running out of time and i didnt want to be unemployed...i needed a new job but i didnt know what to do...

I needed inspiration...i decided to go to the choose 180 website...i read all about it and their mission...its all about choosing what you want in life and going after it and having a positive outlook...i kinda felt empowered and decided to buy a necklace and a tshirt...the necklace says "choose your new found direction whatever it may be"...

Turns out that was just the mental push that i needed...the very next day i applied for a position at a different company and got a call from their hr department about an hour later!!...i ended up going on an interveiw a week later...and not too long after that they offered me the job!!!...yay!!!

So i was all set...i could stop panicking...i had a new job and everything would be okay...but that doesnt really change the fact that i hate change...i was still sad that i had to say goodbye to all the friends i made over the last 5 years...i was dreading my last day...

November 9th...that was it...no more brooklyn for me...i was crying all day...it was so bad...my direct manager was in delaware so he called to say goodbye...i couldnt even say anything because i was fighting back tears...he told me that i will always hold a special place in his heart...yeah, i lost it...oh boy im getting a little teary eyed now just thinking about it...

After work that day everyone went out for going away drinks...it was a joint party for me and cool girl...shes moving to chicago...yeah...that was not a good night for me...i drank way more than i should have (more on that in a future entry!) and pretty much cried all night...well not all night...but anytime someone left the water works started again...and then the whole way home i just sobbed...omg..im so lame!...but i really do miss everyone there....

So now im at my new job...and theres def an adjustment period...ive been there a week and i still dont have any access to anything and i still eat lunch by myself...i am so bad at making friends...i hope it gets better...i think it will...it just takes time i guess...

No comments: