Saturday, December 31, 2011

Top Eleven of '11

its that time again...its new year's eve and its time to reflect back on the year that was 2011...i thought about how i wanted to go about closing out the year here on my handy dandy blog...i could have went with this month by month recap but i decided to stick with the countdown style like i did last year with my top 10 of '10...so without further delay i present you with my top 11 of 2011!!!

11. Saturday Lunch Crew

for a while at the beginning of the year i participated in saturday lunch crew with little sis, bff and the mayor...every saturday the four of us went out to lunch...we rotated who picked the spot and we never repeated...we had a lot of good convos during lunch...the most important ones revolved around the vampire diaries..haha!!!

10. The Princess' Bridal Shower and Bachelorette Party

we had the shower at hemmingway's in seaside...and for the bachelorette party we went to jenkinson's in point pleasant...both parties were tons of fun...we played cheesy games and had a ton of great food at the shower...and we got other people kicked out then proceeded to get kicked out ourselves at the bachelorette party...be sure to check out my full recap of the bridal shower!!

9. Shannon Rose

shannon rose is a bar about 10 minutes from my house...i like it there because its not too clubby but its not just a boring bar either...i like the club bar hybrid it has going on...i only went to this fine establishment twice this year...once to celebrate blla's birthday and once to celebrate little sis' birthday ...there were many memorable moments that happened during these 2 nights...some i still laugh about on a regular basis...so all i have to say now is: i whip my hair back and forth i whip my hair back and forth!!...hahaha!!!!

8. Saturday Night Movies

during the summer i went down the shore most weekends...which i love doing for many reasons...but i would have to say that saturday night movies is what stuck out to me to make this summer different from the rest...every saturday night (weather permitting) i grabbed my squeaky chair and took a walk up to the beach where a giant blow up movie screen waited for me...there was something about digging my feet in the sand and watching a movie that was so relaxing...i really did love it!

7. Medieval Times

i went to medieval times back in march for the mayor and tjd's 24th birthday celebration ...this place is super cheesy but if you embrace the cheese you will have an amazing time...we were all cheering soo much for our green knight to win...too bad he was the villain...oh well...we still had a blast!!...i kinda want to go back...haha!!

6. My 26th Birthday Bash

i turned 26 this year...the time leading up to it was a little tough for me but i decided i wouldnt let any depressing feeling i was having ruin my birthday...so to kick off my bday celebrations i threw myself an awesome party down the shore...it wasnt an outta control house party but it was perfect for me...i had lots of fun...and it served as a turning point for me...so over all it was great!!!

5. Making New Friends

this year i was lucky enough to get to make a bunch of new friends...thanks to the backstreet boys and their cruise i was able to meet some new girls who share the same love and devotion for bsb as i do...it all started because i commented a lot on Laura's BSB Cruise blog...my comments lead to emails...and some how i ended up in an amazing email group...we have shared countless emails...mostly about backstreet boys but not always...we talk about real life too sometimes...getting emails from them always made me happy!!!...the most memorable email chain we had by far was the great ab debate of 2011...who has better abs? aj or donnie? this debate went on for days!...these girls are all so amazing...im so happy i met them and spent time with them...hopefully we can find time to meet up during 2012!!!

4. Dropping 50 Pounds

its not something i say much because i dont really believe that its real but its true...i lost 50 pounds this year...like i said before my birthday was my turning point...i decided that im not going to sit around and mope any more...i am going to change my life...but i dont think i would have been able to do it without all of my new backstreet friends...i participated in the lose it all challenge laura created and ended up winning...thanks girls for giving me the push i needed to get started and for supporting me along the way...im not done yet but i think im off to a great start!! =)

3. NKOTBSB Tour

its NKOTBSB baby! ...i went to see this show 6, yes 6, times this summer!!!...it was sooo good...you know that i cant get enough of my boys...but it was also great that i became a new kids fan as well...they were very entertaining and i enjoy their music...i had sooo much fun at all the shows...i did vip 3 times...one silver, one gold and one platinum...those were all great experiences...yes i spent a lot of money on this but it was def worth every penny!!...i mean how could i put a price tag on my happiness???...haha!!!

2. The Princess' Wedding in St Maarten

the whole family packed our bags and headed down to st maarten for the week in the middle of december...we had an amazing time!!!...the weather was beautiful...the rooms were great...the company was fun...it was a super fun and relaxing...what more could i have asked for...oh thats right, a perfect wedding for my sister...and guess what, she got it!...everything about the wedding was so great...even when we thought things were messed up they turned out even better...my sister looked absolutely gorgeous on her wedding day!...everything was just...PERFECT!!! (soon ill be writing a full recap so stay tuned!)

1. BSB Cruise 2011

surprise surprise!...haha!!...once again the backstreet boys cruise tops my list of top moments of the year...i had an absolute blast on this cruise!!!...if you read about it in my three recaps thane you already know that...and if you haven't, well what are you waiting for...here are the links (day 1 day 2 and day 3)...go enjoy!!...im not sure what else there is to say about the cruise and how much i loved it!!!...i cant wait to go again!!!

well readers, thats all i have for you this year...but dont you worry your pretty little heads cause ill be back again next year..2011 was a really great year for me...im kinda sad to see it come to an end...but i am excited to move forward into 2012...i cant wait to see what the year to come has in store for me!!!

3 comments:

Laura D said...

Great list!!! I loved watching the movie outside on the beach as well.

And its been equally awesome getting to know you all as well. *virtual hug*

And remember- 2012 is the year of Ashley ;)

Rebel said...

Great list!

Anne Marie said...

Love #8 too. That was so much fun and so relaxing.