Wednesday, August 10, 2011

GOLD is pretty freakin cool too!


last weekend (july 29 and 30) i went to AC and hershey for backstreet boys concert numbers 39 and 40!!!...wow! 40...thats a lot!!!...haha!...the weekend as a whole was amazing!...saw my boys twice...finally met some of my super awesome bsb friends...went on some rollercoaster...drifted away in a lazy river...screamed like a maniac...sang as lound as i could...lost my voice...got little sleep...drove a lot...melted in the extream heat...and had tons and tons of fun!!!

the most exciting part of the whole weekend was when little sis and i got gold vip...it was a last minute decision that im glad little sis convinced me to do!!!

it all started when we met up with laura at our hotel then drove over to hershey park stadium...i didnt realize how how it was outside until we parked, got out of the car, and started walking over to the entrance...we probably walked about 20 feet and i was already sweating buckets...uh oh!...slight panic set in because i didnt want to look like a sweaty mess in my picture with the boys...but what could i do?...at least everyone was in the same boat...

we waited in line forever before and after checking in...apparently there was a problem setting up the stage and we couldnt go into the stadium yet...at least at this point we were in the shade so it wasnt as bad...finally justin said that since it was taking so much time to set up we would meet the boys first and then go over by the stage for soundcheck and q&a...

as soon as he said this little sis and i knew that it ment NO BARRICADES!!!!....ahhhhh!!!...i mean we didnt know for sure but i was 99% confident since thats what we were told happened at the first izod show...our level of excitement rose 10 fold...i was about to stand super close to all 4 backstreet boys with nothing between us...just me and them!...eek!!!

platinums took their pictures first...as soon as the boys came out laura gave me a call and confirmed the no barricades!!!...woot woot!!!...before i knew it platinums were done and the gold line started moving...i always get so nervous at this point...i really shouldnt be because they are just people...but are they really just people?...NO! they are the freakin backstreet boys!!!!

a litttle more time went by and little sis and i were up next...oh boy!...she went fist and it looked like she was chatting with them...they snapped her super cute picture...
and then it was my turn...(im getting a little nervous just thinking about it right now...haha!)...so i handed my bag to q and walked over to the boys...brian was first...i shook his hand and said hello...then he looked at me and said "have we met before??"...this is where i screamed inside my head WHAAAAT!? there is no way that he just said that!!! ahhhhhh!!!...the words that actually came out were: "yeah! i was on the cruise, i was in houston, i was here, i was there, i was everywhere! this is my 40th show!!!"...they were all like 40?! wow!...one of them said you could go on tour with us! (im pretty sure it was howie but i could be wrong)...anyway i shook everyones hands and asked if the could squish in for the picture...so brian was like "squishy squishy!"...howie didnt really listen but its okay...the picture snapped and that was it...my moment was over...
i collected my bag from josh (who asked if i wanted my cinder block back...haha!)...met up with little sis...and then proceeded to the soundcheck area...when we got over there they said we could sit anywhere...so we chose a seat on the aisle cause we know justin mostly pick people on the aisle for the questions...i told little sis that she had to ask one this time because i asked one last time...we took our seats and waited for the rest of the pictures to be taken and the boys to come out on stage...all while being melted by the extreamly hot rays of the sun...man, it was brutal out there!!!

when the boys came out someone had a sign up for just want you to know...excellent choice!...aj saw the sign so thats what they sang!!...for the next song howie wanted to sing i want it that way...boooo!!!...so everyone started yelling noooo!!!...this prompted them to discuss what songs we would want to here...aj made a suggestion and nick yelled back "no aj! they dont want to here that! they want something we dont sing in the show!"...after all the back and forth they ended up singing "i still"...not my fav but its a post chapter 1 song that i havent heard live in 6 years so ill take it!!!...

next was the q&a...my friend laura over at the most awesome bsbcurise blog ever asked the first one...and then justin was over by little sis and i...i said this is it little sis, you gotta do it...but she chickened out...so i raised my hand instead...and by raised i mean threw it up in the air danced around a little made myself noticable...and then it happened again...justin handed me the mic...woot woot!...i wont go into the details...instead you can watch this awesome video that laura took...her question and my question are on there...so enjoy!



after that they answered two more questions and then it was over...aww man...little sis and i went back to the car to sit in the ac for a little bit and cool off...when we turned on the car the temp said 100*...see i wasnt making up the hottness...haha!!!

well thats it folks...thats my gold story...it was followed by my 40th concert whcih also happened to be my 6th and final NKOTBSB show...it was kinda sad to know i wont see it again...

in case you missed it, you can check out my concert review here...and for even more NKOTBSB love head over to my friend chrissy's blog from the first day...her overview is really great...she has the history and a video of every song on the set list...so go on...check it out...you wont be dissapointed...i promise!!!

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Yeah for a blog plug! Thanks chica!

Laura D said...

LOVE IT!!! I want to go back and relive it all!! Thanks for an amazing weekend and I'm still sorry I couldn't join you guys for Hershey Park. Next tour ;)

PS- Sorry my video of the sound check didnt come out so good!

~ashley~ said...

no problem chrissy!!!

laura, no need to be sorry about the video...I'm just happy you got it recorded at all...I never would have thought of doing that!!!