Monday, July 11, 2011

bye bye love vs get down

this summer's nkotbsb tour started off with a different set list than the one that currently being used...when the tour started back at the end of may backstreet boys sang bye bye love...this song has since been taken out and replaced with get down...many fans are super excited about the change...but i for one was not a happy camper...

lets look at some facts about the songs and then ill get into the pros and cons of each...

BYE BYE LOVE:
year - 2009
album - this is us
single? - no
choreo - canes (while it may seem cheesy i know how difficult it really is)
vocal highlight - howie sings lead (not all of it but he has some parts)
crowd reaction - minimal because a lot of people dont know about the 3 post chapter 1 albums

GET DOWN:
year - 1996
album - backstreet boys (both the original red one and the compilation us one)
single? - yes (but not in us)
choreo - original 90's version
vocal highlight - aj's rapping
crowd reaction - crazy...its an old song people havent heard in a while and even fair weather fans know it

i have seen the concert with bye bye love and with get down and i am still on the side of bye bye love...get down def gets the crowd pumped up but it was never one of my faves...when i saw it of course i got super excited and screamed right along with everyone else but in the back of my mind i couldnt help but thing this is where bye bye love should be...

so im sure youre all wondering why i love bye bye love so much...honestly it has nothing to do with the song...(well i do love the song but i disagree with they lyrics..."i think i wanna stay single"...umm absolutely not! being single is the worst!...but thats a whole other story...haha!)...it has more to do with the fact that its a new song...i thought of it as a shout out to all the fans who have stuck with them...i felt special because i knew that song when most people didnt...and i thought of it as a good opportunity to show everyone that they didnt go anywhere...people could hear the song at the concert and say "oh i really liked that song let me go get it"...

when people ask them why they decided to get back together and go on tour with the new kids they always say we never broke up we've had 3 albums and have gone on 3 major world tours...well guess what boys your set list says differently!...they sing about 20 songs and only 1 of them is a post chapter 1 song...and even that one is 6 years old already...its just really frustrating to me because i know how awesome those 3 albums are and i just want other people to know about them too...and having bye bye love in the set list was a perfect way to say hey guys check out our new stuff!!!...but taking it out is like sending up the white flag and giving up...i dont want my boys to give up...their new stuff is great!!!!!

so im still on team bye bye love but i must admit that i am warming up to get down...its really not as awful as i thought it would be...and in a recent video i saw of it howie looks pretty freakin hott!!! love him! <3

okay so here are a few links to YouTube videos...check em out...judge for yourself...and let me know what you think...
bye bye love
get down

3 comments:

Laura D said...

Its funny, I was very pro- Get Down. However after reading your post I have to admit you make some compelling points. I agree they need some newer songs in there, I just dont know if Bye Bye Love is my personal favorite and the best choice. If they are trying to show off their highlights from the past 3 albums I would love to see something like Straight Through My Heart.

Ps- I was going to suggest you do your next post on AJ vs Donnie. However since you were in the Donnie camp, Im going to have to retract my suggestion ;)

~ashley~ said...

I agree that stmh would have been the better choice off of tiu

and I didn't even think about writting an entry about the aj/donnie debate...I may have to do that now that you've put the idea in my head!...haha!

Anne Marie said...

I agree STMH would have been so much better! I don't see why they can't do BOTH STMH and Get Down?? What's another song?? haha

And thanks for using my video! :D