Monday, September 12, 2011

why i blog

there are tons of bloggers out there...all of them have their own reasons for blogging and i am no different...there are plenty of reasons why i come to my handy dandy blog and spill my guts...haha!

i guess i should start at the beginning...i dont remember the specific details but im pretty sure i started blogging because because a bunch of girls i taught dance to had a xanga so i made one too...i wanted to stay in the know with their lives and they could see what was going on with me...i wanted to be relatable to them...and then xanga kinda phased out...so i started posting blogs on myspace...not to many but a few here and there...then when myspace was on its way out i decided to come here to blogger...i wrote 1 entry and then forgot about it for a while...but when i came back i was back for good...haha!

so i started off as a follower...other people were doing it so i decided i should to...but over the years ive discovered so many other reasons for blogging...

1) i like being entertaining...so hopefully when people come across my teeny tiny space on the web they can read my post and smile...if i can make just one other person happy then im happy (obvi not all of my entries are light and fun but most of them are...haha!)....its like when i danced...i LOVED being on stage and performing...it was such an amazing feeling when people would come up to me after and tell me how much they love to watch me dance...the fact that i could bring joy into someone else's life is really special...it gives me the warm and fuzzies!...now that i have no stage to dance on ive (tried) to move my entertaining skills over to my blog...how am i doing?! haha!

2) sharing stories of some of my adventures in life helps me remember them...after a while details of things get blurry...so i love that i am able to read through my archives and re-live some of the better moments of my life...well of the past 3 years or so...haha!...which reminds me, i wonder whats sitting on my xanga...i should go check that out...haha!

3) this one is probably the most important...i find blogging to be really good for my mental health...i have a really hard time actually saying how i feel out loud...i keep a lot of my emotions bottled up inside (well the negative ones at least)...which is really bad...that kind of stuff can drive a girl crazy...ive found that its much easier to write it down...so my blog has become my outlet for that...if i find that im feeling a little down in the dumps i'll constantly think of everything bad and it just snowballs...it wont stop until i let it out...so i blog about it...i usually feel so much better afterwords...once i type it out the negativity stops consuming me and i can continue on with my life...so thats why everyone in a while you'll see a woe is me blog...just know that im not looking for sympathy when i write them im just looking for an outlet...if you read those, thanks for listening! =)

well, what about you? why do you blog?

1 comment:

Laura D said...

I used to have a xanga too! Omg, i totally forgot about that. That would be such a riot to go back and read that. I'm sure I still posted about BSB back then too haha.