Wednesday, November 19, 2008

way back wednesday

just like the morning zoo does with their phone taps i have decided to have a way back wednesday and share a story from my youth...haha...and since i'm going to see the backstreet boys this weekend (yay!!!) let me make it about them...so here it is folks...a look at my early days of crazy fan girl...

back in 1997 my little sister cortney and my cousin brittany became fans of some group called the backstreet boys...little sis played the "first" cd over and over and over...i liked it and thought the music was nice but i didnt really know too much about them or anything like that...they were just whatever to me...(hey i was in 7th grade i thought i was cool...haha...)...on christmas eve that year we were all at my grandparents house and all the cousins were hanging out in the basement...cort and britt listened to that cd all night long...i'm am ashamed to admit this now but i yelled at them about it...**gasp** i know...as i said i'm ashamed of that moment...

fast forward to spring break '98...my family went to vegas on vacation...when we were there we saw an add on tv for a bsb concert there in august...little sis said she had to go...now i dont remember all of the details but we ended up getting tickets for the show and planned a big event out of it...after we got the tickets i decided that i better get all my facts straight before i go to this thing so i got on the super cool internet with a dial-up modem and learned as much as i could...i listened to the cd over and over...i was quickly becoming obsessed...i had to tape every time they were on tv...i just couldnt get enough of these guys...

summer of '98 came fast and being the super dorks we are my sisters and i got season passes for cosmic bowling...why is that important you ask...well because during cosmic bowling they showed music videos on big projection screens...it was there that i saw the quit playing games video for the first time...yeah it was my turn and just before i let go of the ball i looked up and saw the close up of howie with the open shirt in the rain and dropped the ball in the gutter...haha...yeah LOVE that video!!!

august 7, 1998...the night of my first concert ever...it was AMAZING...i didnt realize how much of an effect seeing them live would have on me...i went crazy...that concert is pretty much what sealed the deal for me...i knew from that moment on i would be a fan for life...

since that night over 10 years ago the craziness got worse for a while (maybe one i'll tell one of those stories)...but that level of crazy eventually died down some...i have seen my boys in concert 26 times...(it will be 27 this weekend)...and i have no intentions on that being a permanent number...as long as they keep touring i will keep going...some people become addicted to cigarettes or coffee or whatever else but not me...i am addicted to the backstreet boys...and i always will be...= )!!!

No comments: